Sunday, August 7, 2011

Papa and Mugger visit

July 1, 2011

Well, we have settled into this town of Monticello, and my parents have come and gone. They made their way… by car… to our home. They both will tell you that they will NEVER drive out again. They will by flying next time. I don’t know if it was my Dad’s driving 15 mph under the speed limit, or my Mom’s control of the air conditioner. Either way, when they stumbled in our house Monday night they were exhausted and you could see it. The quaint feeling of Monticello immediately impressed them both as they drove in. Which is actually difficult to explain via phone. I’ve concluded it’s safe to say Monticello is the perfect combination of city and country life. Not because that’s Monticello’s slogan. But because it really is! Monticello is close enough to surrounding cities, but is also able to sustain itself as well. We have restaurants, a market, library, parks, etc. But then you also feel secluded enough from the big stuff that a large city has. It’s a good happy medium!

We were able to spend a week and a half with my parents’ further exploring Illinois. Of course seeing the sites my Mom was interested in, and just lollygagging around town with my Dad. All in all, it was a good time. I am sure they both LOVED sharing Charlee’s room—my Dad on the blow up mattress on the floor, and my Mom in Charlee’s bed. I think the 1200 square feet this house has to offer might be a little tight… but we made it work.


No comments:

Post a Comment