Thursday, May 29, 2014

Winnemucca

OK, so it's about time I face reality and write about Joel's new job. Back in July, Joel had applied for a position in Utah at a place called Sun Products. He had some connections with a current employee that he knew from school and it seemed pretty promising. He had flown out to Utah and interviewed for the position and felt pretty good about it. With baby number three on the way, we'd been talking about getting back closer to home in Utah where we could be closer to family. He however did not get the position and was pretty disappointed about it.

Since that time he had applied for another position in Winnemucca, NV. Now, with the let down on the Utah job, I didn't really get my hopes up. I also didn't look in to where Winnemucca was or what the area was like. I think in the back of my head I hoped that he wouldn't get the job (I know that sounds horrible). After all, I liked Monticello, I was fine being here- I liked my job, my friends and the city itself. I knew the kids liked their friends, our neighbors, Charlee's classmates and teachers, Van's classmates and teachers. I thought it would be good to be back closer to family, but throughout the whole application and interview process it never really occurred to me that he could actually get offered the job and that we might actually move forward with the decision to move... AGAIN. Well, what happened? Joel was offered and accepted the job. I can't say that I was excited. I STILL, four months later as I write this, can not say that I am excited. With everything that was going on in our lives a million things were running through my head. I thought about selling our home again, looking for a new home in Winnemucca, having another baby, starting Charlee in a new school, leaving my job. It was hard. It IS hard.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sid...hang in there. I'm so sorry that you had to move from Monticello, but I'm hoping for you in the near future that you will be just as happy in Winnemuca. At least Winnemuca will love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete