Thursday, September 5, 2013

Bunnies


OK, so anyone living in the Midwest will tell you that wild rabbits and squirrels are common everyday yard sightings. I have grown used to their being here. I did NOT expect to almost rake over a bunny nest while doing yard work one day. At first sight I thought I saw a bunch of mice. I could see 2 or 3 of them but was unsure of how many there were because they were buried in the ground. They had no hair, their little eyes were closed and their ears were back. When Joel got home I made him check them out and see how many were in there. Turns out, there were 10 of these little guys. SO, like anyone that has no idea about bunnies, we look on the internet to find out what we should do with them. According to our research, we determine that 1) They should be left in their nest. 2) Their mother will come feed them twice a day, morning and night. 3) It is a POPULAR misconception that after touching baby bunnies their mother will not come back for them. SO, for the next few days we watch these bunnies, one time we did get them out and man-handle them a little. We watch mom come feed them morning and night, UNTIL.... the Massacre occurred. My mom calls me at work to inform me that there are dead bunnies with their heads detached in the front yard. All but one little guy survived. So, moral of the story- don't trust everything you read on the internet. My kids now tell their neighborhood friends that, "The bunnies are dead. Yeah, their heads are off."








No comments:

Post a Comment