Wednesday, December 19, 2012

We MOVED... AGAIN!

Ok, so I am late writing about our most recent move that occurred almost six months ago now. Why have I put off writing about it? Maybe because moving sucks, and I figured if I had to write about it I'd be re-living it. That might be it. We have moved four times in seven years. That's a lot of moving. This most recent move was a short distance from our rental home in Monticello to another in home in Monticello that we decided to purchase. It was a big step up for us. We had been living in 1100 square feet. Our small garage was not actually being used as a garage. It was packed with boxes, drums, bikes and at one point a piano... don't ask. We were pretty much on top of each other. So, needless to say I think Joel and I were excited to move. To be honest I don't know how we stayed in the rental for as long as we did. We were there for an entire year!! Anyway, this new home is pretty nice. For the first time ever we have a garage that is being used for a garage. We can park both cars there, and as a bonus it is attached to the house. We also have more than one bathroom... our bathrooms have drawers and closet space. We have an unfinished basement and a large backyard for the kids to play in. I feel incredibly spoiled and very fortunate at this point in our lives. We have great neighbors that haven't completely shunned us because we are Mormon... (I find absolutely no relation among the fact that we are Mormons and the fact that our backyard neighbors put up trees along the property line, our other neighbors putting their house up for sale and our other neighbors calling us, "the black people of the neighborhood", and others asking Joel, "Do you have more than one wife?" All within 3 months of us moving in). But seriously, we really do have great neighbors, it's a great neighborhood for kids and I think it's a good move for us... for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment