Friday, March 1, 2013

Thanksgiving



This Thanksgiving we got together with some friends from our ward. The Knights, Hobsons, Salisburys and Springers. We made entirely WAY too much food. Hobsons made an excellent deep fried turkey in the Fry Daddy in the front yard, the Knights made a traditional turkey. I made a Raspberry Cheesecake. We had 12 pies. Ridiculous. We shoved our faces and had a great time. Now, between the families we had 16 kids. That's a lot of kids- and believe it or not they all ate together in the Garage and let the adults have a nice time! Joel and I were surprised at how well Charlee and Van did. They just fit right in and had a good time. That is, right up until the end when Van pooped his pants and then decided to take his pants off and walk around the place. After things were cleaned up in the garage after dinner each family made a gingerbread house thanks to LynnEl Springer who provided all the pieces. I am a little disappointed in myself that I didn't take any pictures of anything from the day. I will have to make a better effort in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment