Monday, May 14, 2012

Mugger's Visit

April 26- May 4, 2012

It's been almost a year since I've seen my Madre! It was great to have her here. She was quickly thrown into my world as children were waking her between 6:30 and 7:00, whining, followed by some more whining (Van), following some crying... You get the picture. We definitely tried to make the most of her being here, rain or shine. What I mean to say is that is rained every day she was here except the last day in St. Louis. Comedy! I don't think she was too amused but I had to laugh. We spent some time in Chicago going to the Museum of Natural History, we went to Allerton Park, we also went to the St. Louis Zoo with friends Leah and Kierstin.

After some walking around in Chicago, going to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and lots of driving we wound down by taking a relaxing bubble bath. At least that was my "idea". Haha, I should know better. At least the kids had fun!


I had to work on Charlee's actual birthday, but my Madre really stepped up to the plate and designed this AMAZING castle cake. I shouldn't expect anything less... I can't help remembering the exceptional cakes she made for my birthday as a kid.

I've learned that Charlee can't stand the smell of fish. The penguins were cool in their little habitat until she realized there was no escaping the fish smell. Talk about turning up the drama with this child. She plugged her nose and whined the entire way through because, "It smells yucky in here mom!"

Charlee and Leah held hands the entire day- Yeah, that's what you do when you're best friends :)











No comments:

Post a Comment